Call For Paper > Special Sessions
|The PCM 2005 organizing committee invites proposals for special sessions. The aim of special sessions is to provide an opportunity to discuss and explore emerging areas of multimedia technology, applications, and services. The sessions may focus on any aspect of multimedia, established concerns, or new ideas. The main goals of the special sessions are to share understanding and experiences, to foster research and development communities, to learn from each other, and to envision future directions.
Special Session proposals should be no longer than 4 pages in the conference publication format, and should include
1. The name of the Special Session.
2. A statement of goals for the Special Session and a brief explanation on why the proposed topic
is of interest and how it is related to the conference (150 words).
3. The names, contact information, and the qualification of the organizing committee.
This committee should consist of three or four people knowledgeable abou the technical issues
to be addressed.
4. A description of the plans for call for participation (e.g., call for papers).
5. The names of potential participants, such as program committee members.
6. The means of soliciting participation, and the means of selecting participants.
7. The expected number of attendees.
8. The arrangement and tentative schedule for the session. (Concerning the duration, half-day is
Each proposal will be assessed according to the individual content, the proposed structure, and the overall relevance. Session organizers will be responsible for inviting speakers, ensuring their participation, ensuring submission of preliminary texts, and structuring and leading the discussion session.
Submission Deadline (special session papers): July 10, 2005
Acceptance Notification (special session papers): August 8, 2005
Submission Deadline of Camera-ready manuscript (special session papers): Aug 31, 2005
PCM 2005 requires electronic submission. Please email your proposal, as a PDF attachment, directly to the Special Session Chairs:
Dr. Woontack Woo / GIST, Korea
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Byeungwoo Jeon / Sung Kyun Kwan University
e-mail : email@example.com